Tuesday, April 29, 2014

May/June Events in Oakland!

Lurkers-

So nice to see you. Here's what's happening lately. Lots of upcoming events involving me and my pals. 17 Jewels Salon in Oakland has decided to be nice to me. Not only are they showing Jeff and I in their space in June, but in May they gave a show to my good pal Nic Rodriguez. Here is the skinny on that dude:

Tracy, California artist Nic Rodriguez has only been painting canvas for 5 years, but has always had an innate ability to craft amazing compositions in dozens upon dozens of sketchbooks. A proud graduate of continuation school, he taught art to his fellow students. Despite "settling down" as father and husband, Nic's quirky sense of visual humor and social commentary remains unchanged. With roots in graffiti art, he explores the underbelly of everyday life through his dynamic figurative linework and bold color choices.

Here are some examples of his work:





All Bay Area friends would have a great time hanging out at 17 Jewels Salon at 4801 Telegraph on Friday May 2 from 5-9 pm. Snacks provided by Laced Cakes Bakery, even! 
Scheduled to appear: yours truly! I'll be helping my pal Nic make sure his paintings aren't crooked and he doesn't say the F word in front of families. Come by and say howdy and have a cupcake!
I will also be delivering some artwork to some awesome Bay Area people who stopped by Fiasco! Gallery. With help from some nerdy woodshop/engineer friends, this piece is now powered by a plug and not batteries!

Now if I could only find the contact info for the guy who bought it...

No comments:

Post a Comment